Reply To: Prolonged cataplexy and rapid Rx tolerance

Index Support Center Forums Living with N Prolonged cataplexy and rapid Rx tolerance Reply To: Prolonged cataplexy and rapid Rx tolerance

Ferret
Ferret
@ferret

Are you taking anything to improve the quality of your sleep? It really cheeses me that Doctors give stuff to stop cataplexy and stuff to keep you awake but leave you with the crappy sleep quality which is the cause of the other two things.
If you are in an area of the world that allows cannabis, please go to the Non Rx Strategies and read the Cannabis Oil Cheat Sheet. Great sleep and eliminated my cataplexy. This was a game changer for me and I only started it in 2014 with the hope of getting some quality deep sleep. After having daily episodes of cataplexy since 1985, you cannot imagine the difference it has made in my life.
If you can’t use the cannabis then please consider a CBD oil from hemp because you most likely won’t be having the anger episodes or sadness. Just no CBD after 6 pm.
You need to consider alternatives to your pharmaceutical meds because I think you sound a lot like me in the years ’86 to ’89. Have you talked with someone close to you who has noticed changes in your personality and behavior? Please listen to them if that is the case.
Best of luck going forward… and don’t EVER give up. You will find what works for you.