Reply To: Swelling/inflammation a symptom of poor sleep quality?

Index Support Center Forums Living with N Swelling/inflammation a symptom of poor sleep quality? Reply To: Swelling/inflammation a symptom of poor sleep quality?

Ferret
Ferret
@ferret

@kgmelich87 Perhaps three things that you may want to think about…
1) just because you have N with C (which is auto-immune) doesn’t mean that other auto-immune problems are not going to affect you.

2) Many foods now have artificial additives, colours and preservatives in them. You may have a sensitivity to something you’re eating… specifically something that you eat at night.

3) Alcohol consumption is the worst thing that a person with N with C can do to themselves. It wrecks sleep anyway but some wines have different kinds of preservatives than others which can exacerbate the problem.

My nose swells when I eat certain food additives or anything salty… I can literally feel it cracking as it expands and swells from the inside… which hampers breathing… which hampers sleep.
It can take a long time to figure out the guilty party but keeping a combo food diary and the effects may help you to narrow it down.