Reply To: Swelling/inflammation a symptom of poor sleep quality?

Index Support Center Forums Living with N Swelling/inflammation a symptom of poor sleep quality? Reply To: Swelling/inflammation a symptom of poor sleep quality?

kgmelich87
kgmelich87
Participant
@kgmelich87

@ferret
I had wondered about another autoimmune that perhaps my narcolepsy symptoms were masking. I have absolutely no insight into what that would be though. My thyroid numbers are within healthy ranges (I got the full panel of thyroid tests to rule this out). So I thought I’d check into it being related to sleep deprivation before I started on the endless journey of tests to find out what this could be. I already feel like a lab rat since I’ve got such a recent diagnosis despite my almost 6 years of symptoms.

I eat a very healthy diet, mostly organic, and I cook most of our meals. I’ve done about every elimination diet possible (that was painful) and can’t pinpoint anything, unfortunately. Before starting Xyrem, I only drank about 2-4 times a month because I’m painfully aware of how it wrecks my sleep. Since the Xyrem, I won’t be drinking much at all given the nature of the drug. I actually first noticed the swelling while on an all-inclusive Mexico vacation so there was obviously more drinking than usual. 🙂