Reply To: A cry for help and support

Index Support Center Forums Living with N A cry for help and support Reply To: A cry for help and support

Ferret
Ferret
Moderator @ferret

@narcolepticteacher
Welcome and sorry to see you here.

It almost feels like the medication is a friend pushing me along so I am moving but my whole body is still slumped over in exhaustion.

Your quote from above is about as descriptive of many of the N meds that I have ever seen. It is an artificial awake and the opposite is true of many sleep inducing meds. Asleep, yes, rested? NO!
I like to think of Narcolepsy as an onion with many layers. Each layer than you peel back gives you more insight into what makes your body happy and functional. Pay attention to how your body reacts to everything and the best way to do that is to keep a brief chart like diary… “Consumed”, “Drank”, “Slept”, “Overall feeling”.
There are enough chemicals, preservatives and colourants in food these days to affect people who are sensitive to them and they sure affect the quality of my sleep. Eat clean, eat fresh and prepare your own food so you know what’s in it.
NO alcohol.
I have a couple of cheat sheet threads in the non RX category with many links providing insight into how I arrived at their benefits. However, we are each unique and those links may or may not help you.
LISTEN to your body and, if you feel like you’ve had a good day, make a note of what you consumed in the previous 24 to 48 hours. Patterns will emerge. I guarantee it.
Best of luck going forwards.