Alternative treament for 11 yr son

Index Support Center Forums Parental Support Alternative treament for 11 yr son

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ferret 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 109 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shannonmd79
    Participant
    @shannonmd79

Hello,

I am looking for some suggestions/guidance on alternative treatment for my 11yr son that has N w/o C, he was diagnosed when he was 5 yrs old and has been on Concerta 36mg taken in the morning and Clonidine .2mg taken at night since the age of 5. The side effects are horrible and have gotten worse in the past 6 months (especially if he misses a dose). We reside in a medical cannabis use state (I am a patient myself so I am very familar) and I would like to know if anyone has any experience with using THC and or CBD rather then pharmaceuticals for treatment in a child. I have been told that the Concerta is the only pharmaceutical available for childern with N w/o C. Looking for some guidance on making the switch.

Thank you

Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

@shannonmd79
    I would suggest you go to the Non Rx Strategies and read the Cannabis Oil Cheat Sheet. If he had cataplexy, then it would be a no brainer, but I’m rather hesitant to suggest the THC on a developing brain even at a miniscule 1/2 a grain of rice.
    I WOULD try the CBD oil but only during the day since it can be quite stimulating… not after 6 pm.
    It will be a process for sure but those are heavy duty meds that he’s on and a more natural alternative may be the way to go.
    I wish you the very best of luck and success! Please keep us posted.

shannonmd79
    Participant
    @shannonmd79

When you are referring to using a 1/2 a grain of rice are you referring to using the RSO (Rick Simpson oil)?

Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

Yes. BUT, not made using the solvent that Rick originally used. The solvent is pure grain alcohol and I am very specific about the strain of Cannabis to be used with which I have had the best results.

https://www.narcolepsysupport.org/forums/topic/cannabis-oil-cheat-sheet/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.