Index General Discussion Narcolepsy Awareness Are you tense with your Excessive Daytime Sleepiness? Is It Narcolepsy?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Ferret. This post has been viewed 270 times
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sometimes The inability to stay awake and alert during the day exhausted us too much. It feels uneasy. Do you know exactly what is that? Is it your habit or Any disorder! You must have to aware of it. In this busy life sometimes we just forgot about our mental health. But we must have to care about it.

Is it narcolepsy?
    In people with narcolepsy, parts of Rapid Eye Moment (REM) rest encroach upon attentiveness, while alertness barges in on their rest. People with narcolepsy may rapidly go into REM rest without first encountering Non-Rapid Eye Moment (NREM) rest, both around evening time and during the day.

There are many symptoms of narcolepsy Excessive Daytime Sleepiness, Cataplexy, Sleep Disruption, Sleep Paralysis, hallucination. EDS is one of the first symptoms of narcolepsy. The powerlessness to remain wakeful and alert during the day. Even with sleep, an individual with narcolepsy can feel as though he or he/she has been awake for 72 hours straight. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness is one of the first symptoms to develop in individuals with narcolepsy.

Modafinil can be used to treat some of the symptoms of narcolepsy. Although there is no cure for narcolepsy, modafinil can help to control your symptoms. Modafinil promotes wakefulness by stimulating your brain to increase alertness and reduce excessive sleepiness during the day.

FerretFerret

The above post is a an advertisement for Modafinal. Yes, it does keep you awake but artificially. It does not address the underlying poor quality of sleep that is causing the problem.
    Please find a Doctor that will address ALL of your symptoms and, if not, please read the non RX section of this forum for tips and tricks that may also help.
    Everyone is different but incremental changes in your lifestyle can make an enormous difference…. more of a difference that any one pill or medication will make. It’s a process to find out what works for you. Don’t give up.

Participant

First of all, I apologize if I broke any community rule. it’s my humble request to the moderator, please do not take this post as a promotional-based post.

According to me, this post is just an informative post nothing else.

Hope for best.

FerretFerret

I left it there because it contained some good information. So, okay @robertsmith25 , what is YOUR personal experience with Modafinal? How long have you been taking it? And, if you are narcoleptic, what else are you doing to be the best you can be?
    I took it for about six months.

Participant

Yes, It is my personal experience. There was a time when I was suffering from this disease Very badly and mainly with daytime sleepiness. When I tried modafinil and I just feel good.
    I took Modalert for 3 months and I feel so good from the previous time.

So I think if this thing helps me then I must have to share this thing with others.

FerretFerret

When were you diagnosed with Narcolepsy and how were you diagnosed with Narcolepsy?

Participant

Before one year I was suffering from excessive daytime sleepiness and sleep disruption, then I contact my GP and told them my suffering issues then I Just Knew This thing.

FerretFerret

I give up. But have a Merry Christmas and I hope than 2021 is a LOT better than 2020.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.