Cannabis Oil Cheat Sheet

Index Support Center Forums Non Rx Strategies Cannabis Oil Cheat Sheet

Tagged: 

This topic contains 43 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Ferret 1 day, 15 hours ago. This post has been viewed 13291 times

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    WWP
    WWP
    Participant @wwp

You may flush and think it’s gone, but it isn’t forgotten.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/statistics-canada-human-waste-pot-1.4534673

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/z43kk9/the-plan-to-test-cities-sewage-for-drugs-is-a-new-form-of-mass-surveillance-5886b75df1bddf454bd80da8

• If you take, or plan to take, mind-altering drugs or supplements, read this book first:
    penguinrandomhouse.com/books/189611/anatomy-of-an-epidemic-by-robert-whitaker/9780307452429/
    • Do not ever take internet health advice without first doing your own research, and always consult a health care professional. Each individual is unique - if you make a mistake, you may not be able to reverse the effects that may take decades to reveal themselves.
    • Be kind to Mother Nature and the Little Ones! 🙂

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

@WWP, interesting link. However, I’d much rather they concentrate on finding all the other BAD stuff that’s in water. Pesticides, mercury, lead, etc. Seems like a waste of the taxpayers money to monitor cannabis use.

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

So my source of pure INDICA cannabis oil has dried up and I’ve been forced to try an Indica that has 50% Cannabidiol and 50% THC.
    After a month, I can truly say that the effect is not the same. It’s not bad, it’s just not the same “lights out and wake up 7 hours later”. For one thing, I’m dreaming again and the dreaming is occurring within the first half hour of falling asleep and then again just before waking. Have also had some breakthrough cataplexy but not of the fall down kind. Just the kind of inability to speak, facial twists, hand tremors and head falling forward. Damn I hate it when I can’t get a smart ass remark out. This occurred at brunch with friends last Sunday. Damn, damn, double damn.

Pereise1
    Pereise1
    Participant @pereise1

So my source of pure INDICA cannabis oil has dried up and I’ve been forced to try an Indica that has 50% Cannabidiol and 50% THC.
    After a month, I can truly say that the effect is not the same. It’s not bad, it’s just not the same “lights out and wake up 7 hours later”. For one thing, I’m dreaming again and the dreaming is occurring within the first half hour of falling asleep and then again just before waking. Have also had some breakthrough cataplexy but not of the fall down kind. Just the kind of inability to speak, facial twists, hand tremors and head falling forward. Damn I hate it when I can’t get a smart ass remark out. This occurred at brunch with friends last Sunday. Damn, damn, double damn.

As I don’t need to renew my medical certification for Cannabis this year in California, I’ve been trying out a higher CBD strain that’s 9% CBD and 4% THC. My issue before, when using it for sleep, is that it would wear off too early and the dreams would start 3-4hrs into my night. Since I ran out of baclofen recently and I try to refrain from using Phenibut more than 2 or 3 times a week, I tried seeing if a higher CBD strain would help prolong the effects of THC on REM and help with the post-vape fog the next day.

What I’ve found is that I need to use a far higher dose, however, I have far more clarity even after vaping as compared to a smaller dose of high THC cannabis. In addition, instead of waking up 2-3hrs after vaping from my REM sleep, if I wake up, it’ll usually be at least 5-6hrs after vaping, and I get back to sleep easier. What I’m saying is, maybe trying a higher dose of the cannabis oil might help as much as the pure THC oil?

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

I’m willing to try. In the meantime, a friend gave me back some of the original oil (that I gave her) and I’ve had two blissful night’s sleep. I will wait a week until I’m back to where I was then will try double the dose of the half and half.
    Since CBD counters the effect of THC, I doubt it will make much difference but, hey, I’ll play guinea pig ;).
    I also have some that is pure CBD and I got that from someone (a Vet) who takes it for epileptic seizures.
    Apparently CBD oil is good for anxiety and pain but there’s a link up in the first post that says that it’s stimulating and not good for sleeping.

Normally, I wake up chirpy and ready to go… even more so after a coffee. If I grew ONE pure Indica plant and made the oil myself, I’d have enough to probably last me at least 10 years… 1×3 ml syringe lasts about 15 months.

posh2852004
    Participant @posh2852004

Does anyone know if cbd oil interacts with xyrem? The xyrem pharmacist said it would be ok to take cbd oil 6-8 hours after my last dose of xyrem. My last dose is at 1am, so I could take cbd at 9am. My doctor wasn’t sure about the duration of action for cbd. I would like to also take cbd oil in the evening. Any thoughts?

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

I do not know if it would interact with Xyrem. Any chance you could tell us why you want to use the CBD oil?
    For pain? For anxiety? And I guess it would depend on when your day starts? You may want to start with just the morning dose and see how long it lasts… but if you’re taking your Xyrem at 10 p.m. then I wouldn’t take the CBD oil after 5 p.m.
    I am about to start taking the pure CBD oil in the a.m. for pain. Yes, I didn’t realize how much the combo THC/CBD was helping the pain and joint stiffness until I stopped it and went back to just the THC at night.

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

Read this article in the post I get from Leafly…
    https://www.leafly.com/news/health/how-the-hippocratic-oath-drove-this-doctor-to-speak-up-about-medical-cannabis?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cannabis%20in%20Canada%20Newsletter%202018-02-27

I googled his name and got to this website about the clinics (in Canada)
    https://www.canabomedicalclinic.com/about-us/

I’ve read most of it but the BLOG is the most fascinating… and I haven’t even gotten into the archives yet.
    https://www.canabomedicalclinic.com/blog/

posh2852004
    Participant @posh2852004

I have epilepsy and narcolepsy. I want to go off of effexor (used for anxiety and cataplexy) as well as lamictal (used for epilepsy). I want to use cbd to help with seizures, anxiety and cataplexy. I am comfortable with my morning schedule of taking a dose of xyrem at 1am and then I take the cbd at 9am. My first dose of xyrem is at 9pm so if I take cbd at 3pm I should be safe, I THINK! No one knows the answers, do you have any advice?

I have been told to use the lowest dose and someone else said to use the highest. What do you think? I will be taking charolettes web.

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

Charlotte’s Web is an excellent choice for a pure CBD oil. That would be the most concentrated but you only want to take sublingually and let it dissolve. It’s always better to start at the lowest dose possible (one drop sublingually from the below website) and let it absorb into those big veins beneath your tongue… which means it goes directly in the brain.

https://www.cwhemp.com/cannabinoid-hemp-oil-cbd-supplement-everyday-advanced#reviews-container

The above link is by The Stanley Brothers and they are the ones that first cultivated Charlotte’s Web.

Your timing sounds about right and you’ll probably adjust it as to your specific needs. Or you could call and ask them yourself.

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

Results from experimenting on myself… I believe it was the pure THC that eliminated my cataplexy. The new variety is half THC and half CBD but I still only took a half a grain of rice worth before bed and was disappointed with the results. So, I started taking a full grain of rice worth and, after a week, cataplexy is under control, no dreams and lights out for a solid uninterrupted nights sleep. Totally logical and mathematically feasible I guess.

posh2852004
    Participant @posh2852004

Thanks! I have heard the same from others. I am able to legally get it here in Colorado. I really don’t want to get high but if my cataplexy gets out of control I might have to.

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

Hey Posh,
    If you take it just before you go to sleep, you just go to sleep and getting high just doesn’t even come into the equation. I would absolutely NOT take it if you’re still doing Xyrem because both Xyrem and THC depress respiratory function. You don’t want the “lights out” to be permanent.
    CBD oil, on its own and taken during the day, is stimulating and may help your epilepsy but I doubt it would do anything for your cataplexy.

Aeroon
    Participant @aeroon

Hi, I’m suffering from Sciatica now and I don’t know what to do about this i tried to put a normal ointment for this but it doesnt work for me but I read an article about the good benefits of CBD being used as a medicine here is the article that i read https://www.greenmed.io/blog/declares-cbd-safe-medical-use/ and im using it right now and i feel better each and everyday. Does anybody have the same experience as mine?

Ferret
    Ferret
    Moderator @ferret

For pain? You betcha!
    It’s not my preference for deep sleep but I am now stuck with a 50%THC oil and 50% CBD. The CBD absolutely blew my pain away (OLD!) if that tells you enough. I adjusted the dose to a full grain of rice worth and have hit a sweet spot between pain free and decent sleep.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.