Cannabis Oil Cheat Sheet

Index Support Center Forums Non Rx Strategies Cannabis Oil Cheat Sheet

Tagged: 

This topic contains 56 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by TheRabbitKing 1 week, 2 days ago. This post has been viewed 18502 times

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

I have had to go back to the half CBD and half THC. Couldn’t stand the constant pain any longer. No, the sleep is not as good BUT, with no aches and pains, I am getting things done again.
    Truly the best of both worlds would be the pure THC at night and a KNOWN CBD only supplement during the day. The CBD supplements ARE available in Canada and in all 50 States. Getting them into Mexico in a timely manner is damn near impossible at the moment and, trust me, I have tried.

This is the info sent to me by my friend in California of the supplement she is taking for her pain. Two gummies per day on her worst days. She buys from Amazon but you can also order directly from https://www.whitecedar.co/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret
    Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret
    MewMewZelda22
    MewMewZelda22
    Participant
    @mewmewzelda22

So, I finally have an opportunity to use CBD (no THC, das illegal) to help with my cataplexy as I have reached the end of any meds to use for it. I’m going to be allowed to use it under the rule that I find out if it would affect/react to my stimulants. I take concerta 54mg in the morning after I wake up, and I’m allowed two 5mg ritalin tablets as needed during the day. Does anyone know if CBD would mess with them? Ive been looking into it for a while now and I want to try it out, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

It won’t interfere. I also doubt that it’s going to help cataplexy but ya never know. Please keep us informed.

You must live in a state or country where THC is illegal. May I ask where?

MewMewZelda22
    MewMewZelda22
    Participant
    @mewmewzelda22

i live in Indiana, so THC isn’t legal. Most jobs actually require drug screenings to be hired so we have to be very very careful with Hemp products. My cataplexy is anxiety based, and CBD is supposedly a natural anti anxiety kinda thing, as many people I know who use it, use it for that reason. I really do hope that it works though! Thank you for replying so soon too!

Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

@mewmewzelda22
    Best of luck! I really hope it works for you. I am patiently awaiting some CBD from hemp here in Mexico. I chose two products from two different companies so I can compare them over time.
    Both have third party testing but Nuleaf has their testing results on their website. Not only for concentration of CBD but also tested for fungus, pesticides, heavy metals etc.
    Pain and stiffness is a little more intense during the rainy season (currrently happening here) and I want it for that now during the day.
    I will experiment a little more after I get back from my trip to Canada in late September.
    https://nuleafnaturals.com/
    https://www.charlottesweb.com/

Be careful of your product choice because there are a lot of charlatans who are jumping on the bandwagon.
    Always, always start with a low dose and wait to see what happens over the course of a week. Dosage is by body weight and is posted in this thread.

Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

I am in Canada at the moment and am without my usual oil. I just received this information from Leafly…
    https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/the-best-cannabis-strains-for-insomnia

They only talk about vaping or smoking which is not ideal for many people. The effects (immediate) and dosage are far more controllable by taking it sublingually as oil just before bed. It was the strain information that is invaluable.
    Since I couldn’t even bring my CBD oil nor my THC night oil into Canada, I purchased some CBD oil from a Canadian site and have been using it while here. I’m running a little rough as a result.
    We are all unique! It takes a little effort and time to find what works for you. Love being in Canada with family but can hardly wait to get back on an even keel which keeps me at a functional level at home in Mexico.

Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

Okay, here is the update. I just got home after spending two weeks in Canada. The CBD that I ordered to use there was not the best. It SAID it was a very high concentration but I had to increase my dosage drastically to be functional. It took four days of playing with the dosage. The good news is that I didn’t have any break through cataplexy. The bad news is that the sleep wasn’t as good as with the THC oil and I was dreaming a lot more.
    Still, I think that it is an option worth trying IF you are in a state where THC is not legal.
    My recommendation is to buy from a reputable company with third party testing for concentration, pesticides, heavy metals, fertilizer and fungus.
    https://nuleafnaturals.com/ fits those requirements.
    https://nuleafnaturals.com/lab-test-results/

Edited to add: The best sleepy strains from Leafly…
    https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/the-best-cannabis-strains-for-insomnia

Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

Is there anybody out there? I kinda feel like I’m talking to myself on this forum.
    Has anybody tried what is written in this thread? I know of one other person who has used the THC oil and it has helped their cataplexy. Unfortunately the information was relayed in a pm.
    Come on people. Feed back please. You are absolutely anonymous on here so let’s help others if we can.
    I don’t care if you’re in a non legal state. If you have cataplexy and regular meds aren’t working, would you move to a state where Cannabis is legal?

Ferret
    Ferret
    @ferret

In the very first post in this thread, I put a link in under the heading “Why Deep Sleep is important to your health”. That was done on mice. Fast forward to 2019 and here are the results on humans. Same thing occurs. The links to the studies are at the bottom of the article.
    https://ottawacitizen.com/pmn/entertainment-pmn/during-deep-sleep-the-brain-does-housekeeping/wcm/87952239-2a96-41e4-b5eb-0789d2f89edc

Simply put: without deep sleep, your brain cannot do its housekeeping and toxins build up. Those toxins include beta amyloid. The build up of beta amyloid is a hallmark of dementia.

I am back on an even keel taking my half a grain of rice worth of THC oil sublingually just before bed. Great sleep.
    I continue to take CBD oil in the morning when I wake up and again just before my afternoon nap. No pain.
    Best of both worlds. I’m a happy camper as I approach my 68th birthday.

TheRabbitKing
    TheRabbitKing
    Keymaster
    @deathrabbit

I’m actually getting to the point where I wish this was legal in my state. I’ve gone for years with just using lifestyle to manage my condition. However, I’m getting frustrated with my brain feeling it’s on undervolt 50% of the time. Even with good sleep hygiene, and using all the various tricks I’ve learned over the years, each day is a crapshoot. I heard something about a new medical cannabis being bill drawn up in the legislature in my state (yes, Alabama of all places haha). It could be dicey considering a lot of people in my profession in my general area end up working either directly on indirectly for the feds, where it’s still a bete noir, but if it goes through I’m definitely at the point where I think I’d give it a shot again. Years ago, I experimented in a less than legal capacity, but it didn’t seem to help then. However, smoking medicine is kinda crappy, so it wasn’t done in an ideal or reproducible manner.

My current jam: Anathema - Springfield

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.