Index Support Center Forums Non Rx Strategies Favorite Exercises (split from Med Holidays)

• This topic has 22 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 1 month ago by TheRabbitKing. This post has been viewed 995 times
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    JasonJason
    Keymaster

@natdoc yeah I know they are very different, but you said short half life originally 🙂 Hard to believe I’ve been accused of being too literal, right? Lol.

Your further explanation makes much more sense to me for the rationale for limited development of tolerance than just the short half life. Thank you for clarifying!

Tolerance is a very interesting phenomenon. Unfortunately, there’s a bunch of biased research regarding drug tolerance. I’ve found studies concluding temazepam becomes more effective over time, which is total bs. It’s hard to know what’s accurate these days.

Really glad you came aboard over here. One of my favorite aspects of this group is intelligent discussion without the negativity and fights compared to most internet outlets.

Oh and I’m putting your lifestyle suggestions to task. 9.4k steps yesterday. Any particular type of exercise you think may help more/less? I’m willing to experiment. Hopefully we can get more folks motivated to take your lifestyle suggestions.

Participant

Jasonm
    Agree completely my friend. Yes my favorite and most recommended exercise is swimming if possible, or some type of water aerobics
    Also a big fan of just walking when possible
    If swimming is not possible or feasible then I recommend TaiChi
    All my best

Participant

Jasonm
    I know not everyone is as fortunate as I, when it comes to diet I have to think that what goes in our bodies is so very important and for that reason I eat what I grow. I stick to very limited carbohydrate and sugar intake. I do eat alot of meats, I raise chickens both for eggs and meat. I am a hunter so my meat consists of rabbit, squirrel, turkey, pheasant, quail, deer, elk and bear. No soda, never processed meats.
    I supplement daily with 5000u Vit D, 750 mg Turmeric and various teas. So far, so good!!
    All my best

JasonJason
    Keymaster

@natdoc thanks for the suggestions! I usually just take a teaspoon of cod liver oil and my vitamin D levels have always been well within normal. I wish I could eat what I grow but the area I live in is brutal for growing most stuff.

Bear? That’s one I’ve never tried! What’s that taste like?

So far I’ve mostly been walking with intermittent sprints first thing in the morning for about 1.6 miles. It really seemed to improve my energy for about 4 weeks, then sort of plateaued. I’m going to give heavy weights a go for 4 weeks and see if that changes anything.

I’ll look into Taichi classes. Carbs are not my friend either. I tried an experiment and ate the USDA recommended macros and 1. Got fat and 2. Was lethargic. Seriously no clue how they consider that healthy.

Participant

@jason, @natdoc
    Swimming is my favorite way to exercise, especially when it involves snorkeling or a beach! I can definitely tell a difference if I don’t get out and hike, swim, or something else to keep going…

TheRabbitKingTheRabbitKing
    Keymaster

I love swimming, but I’m in the south, so almost no public pools that aren’t splashy kid affairs 🙁

My current jam: Anathema - Springfield

Participant

@jason
    actually bear can be gamey if not cooked properly, it is very fat and must be tenderized and marinated. I use it for BBQ and roast.
    @SleepyRBD
    My favorite form of swimming is scuba but I’ll take anything that has to do with water

TheRabbitKingTheRabbitKing
    Keymaster

I love SCUBA. Wish it wasn’t like a 300 dollar a trip hobby.

My current jam: Anathema - Springfield

Participant

@The Rabbit King & @Natdoc

I don’t know how I forgot to mention kayaking. I love kayaking which also, depending on location, usually involves the opportunity to swim. In that case, hopefully the swim is an intentional one. 🙂

Although I’ve never really tried SCUBA, my son has and he loves it. I guess almost anything that involves water works for me, too.

Now, it’s time to hit the trail…Have a great day everyone!

JasonJason
    Keymaster

@rbd an unintentional swim while kayaking is a surefire way to wake up though lol.

FerretFerret

@rbd an unintentional swim while kayaking is a surefire way to wake up though lol.

Or start a cataplexy if the dump is sudden and unexpected enough.

JasonJason
    Keymaster

@ferret yikes didn’t even think about that! Obviously if you’ve got severe cataplexy, water activities may be a bad idea!

FerretFerret

Yeah, I crossed white water rafting off my bucket list a while ago. Many moons ago I used to windsurf but that was before diagnosis. And I can’t imagine what would happen now if I was snorkeling and came face to face with a barracuda like I did in ’68.
    Sports are emotional… “The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat”. Participate accordingly.

Participant

@jason & @ferret

True and true…

It’s all such a balancing act, trying to be careful and yet trying to continue moving forward with doing the things that one loves to do.

When my son was in high school and college we used to do more of the whitewater / river running type of kayaking. Now that he is married and lives abroad, my kayaking is most likely the lake, bay, or occasional lazy river style which makes the unexpected plunge less likely.

Participant

@ferret

I think that you were typing your response as I was typing mine.

Speaking of the barracuda, my son and I saw a rather large one while snorkeling last week.

I wish sometimes that we could just meet in a coffee shop and share stories. 🙂

Thankful for the forum…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.