Index Support Center Forums Non Rx Strategies Favorite Exercises (split from Med Holidays)

• This topic has 22 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 1 month ago by TheRabbitKing. This post has been viewed 998 times
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Swimming is definitely my favourite activity and preferred method to stay fit. Unfortunately, it’s really hard to fit in with my schedule nowadays, even though I really enjoy it. The combination of finding the time, energy, and a pool that doesn’t cost the world in membership fees is still elusive. I definitely need to get fit though.

TheRabbitKingTheRabbitKing
    Keymaster
    Keymaster

I used to be on the swim team in high school. I was decent for being a bit of a chubby kid, but I was scared to get compete cuz anxiety/social awkwardness so every time they started to talk of moving me up to the competition team, I deliberately flubbed a swim test. 😆 Kinda regret that tbh. I wonder if I’d not waited until post N dx to try to get healthy, I could have avoided have the N gene switched on, or whatever the crap happens.

My current jam: Anathema - Springfield

Participant

I never made it to the swim team, but oddly enough, made it as a lifeguard. I think I was a decent swimmer, but not someone really comfortable with “all eyes on you” competition or the pressure. Practice starting at 5:30am Mon-Fri also didn’t help in the enthusiasm department.

Participant

@Athene

Funny…I also used to lifeguard, but that was many years ago. I guess the love of swimming never went away. 🙂

@TheRabbitKing

I always liked swimming, but competing is in a whole other league.

By the way, it was a great idea to split the topic. Were we “chasing rabbits” on that other thread? LOL

Participant

I would love to really get into swimming again, but realistically speaking, probably not anytime soon.

I’m wondering about incorporating more walking into my life; perhaps getting a tracker and seeing how much walking I actually do on a daily basis and seeing if I can increase it to the point where I can get more health benefits. I usually take public transport around the city, but I’m thinking it would be pretty easy to get off a few stops early to force myself to be a bit more active.

FerretFerret

That works. And so does a bus or train strike. I got really healthy, really fast having to ride my bike to work when I lived in Vancouver during a three month transit strike. Fortunately there was a “Y” a block from the hospital so I could shower and change for work.

Keymaster

I’d absolutely bike to work, except some F-250 with 20 exhaust pipes would probably flatten me #Alabama

My current jam: Anathema - Springfield

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.