FMLA?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by sweettsunade 2 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 303 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ellpha
    Participant
    @ellpha

Has anyone tried getting approved for FMLA relating to their N?

My boss doesn’t really believe in taking it easy – even when I’m taking PTO he’s calling or emailing me constantly. When I’m “working” he expects minimum 10 hours days.

I see my doctor in a little over a week and was wondering if this is something I can get started to protect myself? I don’t mind going without pay for a day here and there, I just think I really need actual time off every once in awhile when N is really flaring up. If I get the FMLA approved, I won’t feel bad about fully refusing to work on my “off” days.

Ellpha
    Participant
    @ellpha

Aaaaand I just realized I’m being stupid because I’ve only worked for his employer for 5 months… So I don’t even qualify.

sweettsunade
    sweettsunade
    Participant
    @sweettsunade

When you can, get it. My boss is great, but it helps with the higher-ups who dont know me, too. It gives me security and takes away the guilt of showing up late or taking off to see the doc. (I usually use all 10 days off I get a year for doctor appointments and sick days, mostly doctor appointments lol)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.