Index Support Center Forums Treating Narcolepsy Melatonin, does it work?

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 9 months ago by LilLion. This post has been viewed 1653 times
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve heard that people take GHB (Xyrem) to make themselves sleep deeper and thus sleep less in the days. However those kind of drugs are absolutely illegal so I came up with melatonin.

Has anyone tried it before?

JasonJason
    Keymaster

Yep. GHB isn’t illegal in the USA as long as you have an Rx. It’s referred to as sodium oxybate (Xyrem).

Melatonin doesn’t do much. It’s more of a circadian rhythm control hormone. It sets the clock that determines when you sleep/wake but doesn’t enhance sleep generally. It may help the elderly or if you are experiencing jet lag, however. It’s harmless but it’s generally recommended to take just .3mg before bed. Too much seems to cause sleep problems.

TheRabbitKingTheRabbitKing
    Keymaster

I didn’t feel a lot on melatonin, but i’ve heard anecdotal evidence from others that was positive. It’s cheap, so it’s worth a try. Just make sure whatever supplement company you buy from is reputable, sot it’s not just sawdust or something 🙂

My current jam: Anathema - Springfield

Participant

I use melatonin for insomnia. It doesn’t improve my quality of sleep, just makes me sleepy enough to be able to fall asleep. The only problem I’ve run into is that it only works when I take it sublingually. If I swallow a pill, melatonin does nothing for me. I get the dissolving tablets and that works well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.