Index General Discussion The Science of N New "Cure For Narcolepsy" Thread

• This topic has 15 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 8 months ago by Pereise1. This post has been viewed 7765 times
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Pereise1Pereise1
    Participant

@pereise1 You may already be aware, but if not and for those that aren’t aware, I’d advise caution with methylene blue since it’s a MAO-A inhibitor. Obviously those can have some very serious side effects if taken with serotonin increasing medications so I’d say most people would probably be advised to avoid it.

Yes, naturally caution is always warranted whenever engaging in polypharmacology. Although the good thing is, the dose required for Maoi seems to be higher than the dose required for beneficial effects, at least according to this thread: https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/51942-methylene-blue-and-mao-inhibition/

For what it’s worth, I’ve combined Methylene Blue in highish doses with 40mg dextroamphetamine, 150mg armodafinil, and 5mg yohimbine along with my other usual supplements and I didn’t feel anything that I usually associate with high serotonin, like when I was on paroxetine. Granted, if you’re already taking a stimulant and an SSRI for Cataplexy, then caution is indeed warranted.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.