Index General Discussion Off-Topic Peripheral Vasospasms/Bloodflow Weirdness

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 1 month ago by TheRabbitKing. This post has been viewed 431 times
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheRabbitKingTheRabbitKing
    Keymaster

Due to a spinal cord issue, I’ve been having what you might call turbo reyanuds in my feet and hands. The seem to alter from being freezing and painful to swollen and painful with pitting. Anybody got any recommendations for OTC stuff I can use to promote bloodflow in extremities, at least until I can get the doc on board with a calcium channel blocker or something?

My current jam: Anathema - Springfield

FerretFerret

I sympathize with what you are experiencing. This is not something that you want to play with on your own. Please, if it’s unbearable, go to an ER and see what their recommendations are to tide you over until you can see your Doctor. Freezing is one thing but swollen, painful and pitting is edema… when that happens, raise your feet on two pillows and put a single pillow under the knees. In this way, you are manually helping to drain your legs. I’m assuming that the swelling gets worse towards the end of the day but that your legs start out a normal size in the a.m.
    Watch the way you sit when in front of the computer… leaning slightly forward towards the screen will impede the flow of blood back to the heart and result in leg swelling too.

TheRabbitKingTheRabbitKing
    Keymaster

It’s not really unbearable per se, but it is unsettling and I sit there and imagine my small fiber neurons dying from hypoxia being the source of the nerve pain. I’ve already mentioned it to doc, but she’s new to me and so thinks its something normal like atherosclerosis or thrombosis or something and ordered an ultrasound of my leg vessels. I’m letting her run her test, just so I can get her on the same page. The last time I had neck issues this occurred, and now that the neck pain is back, the neuropathy and turbo-reynauds is back worse than ever, so I really doubt it’s some random clotting issue that just happens to appear and disappear at the same time I experience myelopathy. I wanted to explain to her how sudomotor neurons are often some of the first disrupted in extremities when there’s myelopathy, but in the past when I’ve done that, the tune me out, so I don’t bother anymore. In any case, I see neuro next month, and I think I’m asking for a nerve conduction study at that time. I really wanna make sure decreased bloodflow isnt doing serious permanent damage to my hands and feet. I really don’t wanna end up with the equivalent of sugar foot. Ugh, just after I get the gallbladder resolved. I swear my body is a damn lemon.

My current jam: Anathema - Springfield

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.