- This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Ferret. This post has been viewed 3016 times
- August 30, 2017 at 8:12 am #3395AtheneParticipant
If anyone who has gone down this path can offer advice on this, I would be really grateful.
1. I was finding modafinil beneficial when I started it, but due to my blood pressure going too high while on it, I had to reduce the dose and incorporate treatment holidays into my schedule. Unfortunately, I’ve found that this has resulted in my symptoms being sub-optimally controlled. It’s better than nothing at all, but my daily functional capacity is still reduced, mostly due to EDS. As I understand it, fragmented nighttime sleep is a contributing factor to EDS, and cannabis oil may be able to help in that regard? If so, I’m wondering if incorporating it into my treatment regime might help alleviate the EDS since I can’t rely on modafinil as much as I used to?
2. If so, and it’s worth a try, what to get? I’ve seen some oil sold in the UK at herbal and vitamin stores as “hemp oil” but I don’t think that’s the same thing. From what I’ve heard, there is a CBD oil that’s legally available in the UK, but I don’t know if it’s the right one. The following is an excerpt about it:
“Charlotte’s Web products are low in THC and high in CBD, made from varieties of hemp that are legal in the United Kingdom.”August 30, 2017 at 10:52 am #3409TheRabbitKingKeymaster
Our lovely Ferret has created a sort of user’s manual for the stuff she does with cannabis oil https://www.narcolepsysupport.org/forums/topic/cannabis-oil-cheat-sheet/
My current jam: Anathema - SpringfieldAugust 30, 2017 at 10:54 am #3410TheRabbitKingKeymaster
I’m in Alabama where they give people hard time in high security prisons for possession of minute amounts of illicit substances, so I’m not willing to try it personally, but I would probably give it a shot otherwise.
My current jam: Anathema - SpringfieldAugust 30, 2017 at 1:19 pm #3413FerretModerator
Let me know, Athene, if you have any questions about the Cannabis Oil after you’ve read the links. It’s a sharp learning curve at the beginning to understand the differences in products. I am also afraid that, living in the UK, you are not going to find what you’re looking for because medical marijuana is not yet legal there.
BTW, Charlotte’s Web is ONE single strain of cannabis that is low in THC and high in CBD… I find the blurb you quoted to be extraordinarily misleading. You need THC for sleep and hopefully from an Indica strain.August 30, 2017 at 1:39 pm #3418AtheneParticipant
BTW, Charlotte’s Web is ONE single strain of cannabis that is low in THC and high in CBD… I find the blurb you quoted to be extraordinarily misleading. You need THC for sleep and hopefully from an Indica strain.
Aha, this is what I was afraid of. From what I understand so far (admittedly, I’m just delving into the subject and there’s a lot to take in), the reason that Charlotte’s Web oil has been approved for distribution in the UK is due to the claim that it is low in THC, seen as the “bad” component that gets you high and affects your cognitive function, while CBD is the desired beneficial therapeutic component that won’t get you high. If it’s THC that will bring the desired effect, then I’m pretty sure I’m out of luck as that’s seen as the “recreational” part, not the “medical” part.August 30, 2017 at 2:54 pm #3433FerretModerator
It may be “seen” as the recreational part but that is also BS and is way behind the times. CBD (cannabidiol) is good for many things but it is the WHOLE ENTOURAGE EFFECT of all the other things in a true cannabis plant that is the most medically potent. I think this is why artificially replicating a specific cannabinoid (there are over a 100) into a manmade pharmaceutical product is such a dismal failure over all. Not to say that they don’t work for some but it’s like they’re missing a lot of the magic.
Please read the links that I provided in the cheat sheet… then you’ll be ready when the over 200,000 signature petition hits parliament for legalization.
BTW, it’s just about impossible to get high from a half a grain of rice worth of indica based cannabis oil. And I wouldn’t know if I was high anyway ‘cuz I’m asleep. The difference it has made in my life has been extraordinary.September 14, 2017 at 12:37 am #3567WWPParticipant
• If you take, or plan to take, mind-altering drugs or supplements, read this book first:
• Do not ever take internet health advice without first doing your own research, and always consult a health care professional. Each individual is unique - if you make a mistake, you may not be able to reverse the effects that may take decades to reveal themselves.
• Be kind to Mother Nature and the Little Ones! 🙂October 9, 2017 at 7:19 am #3725SnoozyBunnyParticipant
You can definitely get CBD oil legally in the UK as it has no THC. A friend of mine actually is having the Medipen trialled at her local surgery for depression and anxiety. I’ll try any supplement as long as it’s legal and doesn’t look to have any adverse effects – unfortunately CBD did nothing for me.January 17, 2021 at 6:56 am #20024RadiantParticipant
In fact, these cannabinoids can be dangerous for the body if you immediately take them without instructions and at least a little experience up to this point. Immediately a serious substance should not be taken naturally. Personally, I prefer kratom because this powder was useful for my father and relieved him of joint pain. This is a good tool for dealing with some of the common problems of humanity. For me personally, kratom has been effective in dealing with stress, so I recommend this particular powderJanuary 17, 2021 at 9:02 am #20029FerretModerator
In fact, these cannabinoids can be dangerous for the body if you immediately take them without instructions and at least a little experience up to this point. Immediately a serious substance should not be taken naturally. Personally, I prefer kratom because this powder was useful for my father and relieved him of joint pain.
Please back up your statements with links and proof please. Personally, I wouldn’t touch kratom with a ten foot pole.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.