Sleep Disorders and…sweating?!

Index Support Center Forums Living with N Sleep Disorders and…sweating?!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Myturnleft 1 month, 4 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 830 times

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Jason
    Keymaster
    @jasonm

@natdoc no problem! I believe 2-4% of all narcolepsy cases are TBI induced. What’s particularly interesting to me is that the BCAAs seemed to restore orexin functioning by restoring glutamate signalling to the orexin neurons, suggesting at least in some cases the orexin neurons are still intact. TBI sleep seems to be remarkably similar to PWN sleep in a lot of ways. I’d certainly try it if I had TBI induced sleep/wake problems since it’s harmless. I think the research suggested it takes a couple weeks to work though.

I really hope they do some additional larger studies on it since TBI is so common along with persistent sleep problems.

Justlostinmyhead
    Justlostinmyhead
    Participant
    @justlostinmyhead

i had no idea that sweating could be part of sleep disorders. thanks all for the info!!!

Justlost

Thank You,
    Justlost

Kline
    Participant
    @kline

Hah, made an account just for this thread. “Glad I’m not alone.”

The lightest exertion and I’ll be sweating buckets, mostly from my scalp/face. I’ve always blamed the disease, messing with the same part of the brain and all, so maybe I wasn’t too off base assigning that blame.

Myturnleft
    Myturnleft
    Participant
    @myturnleft

🤦‍♀️ wow…
    My face & head sweat BUCKETS! I had no idea it was N related. BUCKETS!!
    I am so thankful for this group.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.