Xyrem bottles overfilled?

Index Support Center Forums Treating Narcolepsy Xyrem bottles overfilled?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by IDreamofNapping 4 weeks, 1 day ago. This post has been viewed 195 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

IDreamofNapping
    Participant @idreamofnapping

Hi again! As I mentioned in my previous post, I have narcolepsy and take Xyrem for it. I’ve been receiving 3 Xyrem bottles a month for a couple years now, and they used to be very precisely filled, always the same amount, down to the last drop. For the last several months, however, most of the bottles have been slightly overfilled by varying amounts, and a few have been underfilled, by a few grams either way. Has anyone else noticed this with their Xyrem shipments?
    I know that Xyrem is a highly controlled substance, and you’d think that the folks at Jazz Pharmaceuticals would have very strict quality control. I told my doctor about it, and he suggested I contact Jazz. I’m wondering if I should be contacting the FDA instead. Any advice?

WV_narcoleptic
    WV_narcoleptic
    Participant @wv_narcoleptic

Most are overfilled? Shhhh don’t say anything, lol.
    could it also be the dosing syringe being off just a little? I think I’ve seen three types of syringe since over been on xyrem, suggesting three manufacturers.

IDreamofNapping
    Participant @idreamofnapping

I’ve been using the same syringe that came with my first shipment 2 years ago! I now have a shopping bag in the corner of my bedroom filled to the top with unopened syringes and unused pill bottles! They send 2 of each with every shipment… what a waste!

Anyhow… no, it’s not the syringe’s fault. The syringe works fine, nice and clean, no leaks. I very carefully draw up the “meniscus” to the 4.5 g mark each time. Each bottle gives me 20 doses of 4.5 ounces each, plus an extra 3 or 3.25 or 3.5 ounce in the bottom of the bottle. That’s more than a day’s worth each month.

This can’t be just me, right? Anyone else out there who used to get precisely-filled bottles now getting a little extra each time? Or are you ALL staying quiet because the stuff’s so durned overpriced in the first place you might as well get a dose or 2 for free!? It makes me wonder who’s supervising the filling process at the manufacturer, and whether they’ve noticed that their numbers aren’t adding up right lately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.