1. This is a community designed to provide a support group and general information regarding the diagnosis and treatment of rare sleep disorders, particularly narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia.
2. Anyone seeking information regarding these conditions for themselves, a loved one or friend is encouraged to join and participate in the discussions.
3. We encourage diverse and constructive opinions, even if they don’t always concur or are unpopular. However, personal attacks or criticism of members, or rude and disrespectful behavior is prohibited (flaming/flamebaiting). This is not a organization that supports a toxic environment from its users. We all are in this together and these disorders are difficult. We intend to keep this a safe and friendly community.
4. Avoid posting any identifying information that may put yourself or others at risk. Any post containing information deemed to be too identifying will be removed. If the post was malicious in nature (d0xxing), the offending user will be immediately banned.
5. This site supports private messaging, so please use this feature responsibly. Do not use it to harass, threaten, or solicit other users. If you believe you have been the victim of harassment via PM, report it to the admin team, and we will evaluate your complaint ASAP.
6. Promoting commercial products or websites is prohibited. While linking to a website is allowed if context is provided, if it appears the member is self promoting a website, or attempting to create links for personal gain, the member may be warned or banned. Please refrain from placing commercial websites in your signature block.
Information contained on this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice regarding diagnosis or treatment of any disease. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider regarding the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. The information contained on this website is informational only and does not constitute a professional opinion. Use common sense and ask your doctor before making any medication, supplement, or other changes regarding your treatment.